The Windows System Administrator:
* Installs, investigates and resolves routine and complex matters of significance with computer software and hardware equipment.
* Provides Virtual Server and Desktop Infrastructure (using VMWare) configuration, administration & sustainment.
* Delivers Server Baseline Development/Sustainment support to include implementing/validating applicable STIGS controls;
* Delivers Cyber Incident Response (execution); Server Installation, configuration & sustainments;
* Provides Server applications Installation, configuration and sustainment;
* Is responsible for Active directory administration to include creating/managing Group Policy Objects, Security Groups and User/Computer objects;
* Develops SOPs and map task execution processes.
Must have DoD 8570 IAT Level II (GSEC or Security+ce or SSCP or CCNA-Security) obtained within past 3 yrs
Essential Job Functions
* Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
* Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company policy. Recommends resolution to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action.
* Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
* Oversees the installation of client department-specific applications and systems. Ensures installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; determines revisions or updates to installation as needed.
* Coordinates testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services. Ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. Prepares for and prescribes approaches to possible downstream implications.
* Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
* Four or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
* Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
* Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
* Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
* 3yrs experience minimum as a domain-level admin within last 4 yrs.
* 2 yrs experience minimum as a vSphere Admin within last 3 yrs.
* SQL 2008/2012 experience
* ThinApp experience
* EMC Storage Solutions experience
* Powershell experience,
* Knowledge of SCAP protocols/languages
* Must have DoD 8570 IAT Level II (GSEC or Security+ce or SSCP or CCNA-Security) obtained within past 3 yrs
* Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
* Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
* Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.