Architecture & Performance Services provides evaluation and deployment planning services for new/emerging products/technologies, and supports internal customers.
- Pioneer new technologies in Development IT organization
- Lead and plan new Enterprise Technology Deployments
- Provide technical solution on performance issues escalated from Production / Test environments
- Provide best practice/feedback to Product Development on emerging products as part of the product quality improvement process
- Set standards through new technology deployments
Principal LINUX/OS/Security Consulting Engineer:
- Collaborate with Development and Operational teams to define production deployment standards and drive standardization & new Oracle Products across the IT organization
- In Depth Hands-on System Debugging / OS Code Review Triage / Screen Product Bugs and interface with Development for resolution
- Support Escalations
- Review New Releases, develop Test Plans & conduct Validation Testing
- Provide guidance on optimizing performance and utilization
- Technology Management
- Qualifications / Skills:
- IC4 / IC5 (10 years senior technical experience, including hands-on OS Debugging work)
- Strong working Linux/OS Knowledge
- General OS Security knowledge
- Strong C Program debugging or Linux/Solaris kernel debugging skills
- Detailed troubleshooting skills to investigate system performance bottlenecks and bugs
- Strong communication and documentation skills to interface across breadth of technical teams and management
- Ability to quickly learn & research on new technologies to apply them in support of test and production deployments
- Capability to develop technical skills/knowledge that extends across Application / Server / Storage / Network technologies to troubleshoot and provide system level guidance/solutions
- Development Experience in OS, Storage and/or Network technology areas a plus
- Sense of Urgency
- Attention to Detail
Be a part of the E-Business Suite success story. Work with Oracle*s world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle*s global infrastructure.
Manage all aspects of internal deployment projects and work closely with the internal teams on status, issues and communications. Define business specifications with the internal user community for the global deployment of the application. Define and drive business specifications for product and component integration points. Map standard application functionality to global/local business specifications. Manage product gaps from business specifications to product enhancement and/or business process change. Gather specifications and drive solutions from a global perspective across the e-Business Suite. Define product enhancements to drive solutions across the e-Business Suite for all customers. Manage product setup definition and configuration along with internal business process teams. Manage all aspect of product rollout and coordination with internal teams. Define specifications for data migration from legacy systems into newer applications. Define specifications for data interfaces between applications for product rollouts. Manage user acceptance testing and transfer of information to internal teams. Provide technical support for implemented applications; diagnosing and reporting bugs, applying patches and upgrades as needed. Establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company*s information processing systems. Coordinate with functional departments involved to collect system specifications, techniques, and controls. Interact with senior management within Product Development, Business organizations and Global IT.
Provide leadership and expertise in extremely complex internal systems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommend and justify major changes to existing internal systems. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Ten or more years of related experience recommended.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.