Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard Entertainment internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard's global information systems team is seeking a talented Systems Analyst Intern to help support Blizzard's corporate windows environment. The ideal candidate has experience in the troubleshooting, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of windows systems as well as knowledge of utilizing and supporting windows based applications such as Active Directory and Exchange.
In your internship you will perform day to day operational duties such system administration, incident response and request fulfillment. This role requires strong communication and interpersonal skills as being in the front lines means you will regularly be interacting with requestors and other Blizzard IT team members to fulfill your duties. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude, is eager to learn, enthusiastic about challenging themselves to providing world class service.Eligibility Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Provide technical support for windows services per requests from various customers and teams. Support requests can come in the form of phone calls, emails, IMs and incident tickets.
- Respond to alerts and investigate and troubleshoot issues to identify root cause in order to implement recurrence prevention plans.
- Recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted customers via crisis management.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis. Upgrade administrative tools and utilities as needed.
- Maintain installation, design, and configuration procedures and documentation.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated, approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Participate in an on call rotation, providing 24 / 7 support for all responsible systems during such a rotation.
- Provide professional and responsive communication to customer, project management, and management inquiries via phone, email, IM, and tickets.
- Follow existing incident, problem, release, crisis and change management processes as well as provide feedback to improve said processes.
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012
- Knowledge of maintaining Active Directory domain controllers
- Knowledge of Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, and SharePoint 2010
- Knowledge of networking principles and applications / technologies (e.g., TCP / UDP protocols, DNS, DHCP, GPO services)
- Knowledge of Windows security best practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Must have excellent problem solving and research skills
- Must have a great attitude and be eager to learn
- Experience working in an enterprise datacenter environment
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- Knowledge of authentication protocols such as Kerberos, NTLM and LDAP
- Knowledge of Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Hyper-V
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS principles, experience deploying and maintaining various storage solutions
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting, using scripting to help automate administrative tasks to improve overall team efficiency
- Certification in Microsoft Technologies (MCSE), in particular, Server Infrastructure
- Understanding of ITIL framework and processes
- A passion for video games
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.