Job Description & Project Summary
The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. As part of the team -
- You will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing dedicated maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation.
- You will have working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, critical issue procedures and such.
- You will also have the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
- Minimum 4 years' experience in Software Development and level 3 production support role.
- Experience with application support organization working in 24*7 environments.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with Oracle, PL/SQL (stored procedures, functions, views, triggers) and UNIX Bash scripting.
- Experience in supporting systems that run on Oracle (DBA skills are a plus but not required).
- Experience with web-related technologies including WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, etc.
- Experience with shell scripting, PERL or other related automation techniques.
- Understanding of core networking concepts such as routing, protocols, subnets, DNS.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects .
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc .
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups .
- Familiarity and/or experience in implementing ITIL concepts in addition to technical aptitude are highly valued.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or a related degree.
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.