The desired candidate will work in the Digital and Mobile Organization. The main functions will center around real-time monitoring and Level 2 support, onboarding of new customers, and help troubleshoot and reproduce client integration issues.
We are looking for a candidate who has a strong work ethic, leadership skills, excellent judgment and good time management in prioritizing work, and the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment. They need to gain a solid understanding of the payment industry and leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal and external incidents. Leverage this understanding to build partnerships with engineering teams
Duties will include supporting applications in a Linux environment and troubleshoot network, database and system issues that are often not well documented. Use basic scripting and query skills to generate reports based on support requests and incidents. Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process. Other responsibilities and competencies will include:
- Comfortable working with external customers to help resolve issues with the onboarding or incident.
- Quickly and accurately assess the impact of a major system or application outage and communicate the impact to management. Craft incident reports targeted for upper management and customer support in response to a critical issue. Interact with engineering teams and Customer Support to ensure incidents are closed out and impact is clearly communicated per the process in place. Provide guidance and training to the team and act as a technical point of contact.
- Ensure all team goals are on track on a daily basis and assist in other areas when necessary; Identify areas to improve and work with staff and management to implement changes.
- Review change activates and upcoming maintenances and coordinate to cover the activities.
- Provide use case documentation and requirements for new projects and form partnerships with others to ensure the requirements are met.
- Work with little supervision and complete day to day activities with excellent quality and accuracy.
- Coordinate with support teams to acquire training and materials for new and existing services. Create, review and approve new procedures and training material for the team.
- Leverage good understanding of key controls and compliance and regulatory requirements to identify areas for improvement or of concern.
- Take lead in providing training session and documentation for new features and emerging services and ensure that all staff members are prepared to support the service.
- Willingness to work on-shift and on call in a 24x7x365 team
- Five (5) or more years of technical support experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Linux
- Strong technical background with a working knowledge of Splunk, including log analysis and constructing queries
- Knowledge of keynote, Grafana or other web-service monitoring tools.
- Must have Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL) Intermediate (Higher certification a plus)
- Experience supporting web and mobile applications and troubleshooting problems in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated ability creating process and documentation for a first-level support team.
- The ability to prioritize critical tasks and coordinate with staff to accomplish them under duress.
- A strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Business, or a related discipline and 5+ years of technical support experience
- Minimum requirement for Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate; (ITIL) Intermediate or higher certification is a plus
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.