Support Analyst / Computer Operator
Supporting Linux (RedHat, CentOS) and Windows (All versions from 2003-to current versions)
This job contributes to the companies success by monitoring and maintaining controls of all operations functions, applications, computing platforms and associated elements in a 24x7x365 environment via the Operations Command Center. This position applies analytical skills to perform routine and non-routine tasks and adapts procedures, processes, and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position. This position works under minimal supervision and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. This position will also foster an environment of teamwork, leadership, motivation, and excellence. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Real-time monitoring of critical business operations and performance indicators through various IT control tools.
* Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support following documented procedures for OS platforms i.e. Linux, Windows, IBMi.
* Remediate resource contention on servers i.e. memory, cpu, disk
* vSphere system administration tasks that include, but not limited to migrating guest OS operating systems, virtual data center resource rebalancing, etc.
* Ensure scheduled jobs are performed and assist in job manipulation upon request.
* Analyze and diagnose operational failures communicating closely with Service Desk and Incident Management until resolution.
* Monitors and performs all backup and restore activities, restarting backup jobs, and assist with media exchange management.
* Recognize and initiate escalation for all system difficulties or outages including switch, routing systems, computer systems, customized department systems and all applicable supported applications within guidelines.
* Monitors Datacenter environmental systems to maintain the health of the facilities and equipment held within, and escalate per established process.
* Managing the access of all datacenters and hosted facilities for partners and third-party vendors, while adhering to security policies.
* Communicates performance trends and areas of concern to management and help implement corrective actions plans as needed.
* Fulfill service offerings requests sent to the team via self-service portal, email, or phone.
* Assist on various projects and tasks as assigned by management team.
* Racking and stacking of physical devices in the Data Center.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Familiarity with console management, incident management, and job scheduler software applications.
* Ability to apply quality customer service for both internal and external team members by phone, email, or in person.
* Familiar with Information Technology Security practices.
* Familiar with VMware.
* Cross platform knowledge (Windows, UNIX/Linux, IBM System i) required.
* Consummate team player.
* Customer service experience as it relates to a support environment or operations command center.
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Flexible working hours to cover all times for support if needed in a 24x7x365 environment.
* VERY HIGH sense of urgency.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and comprehension skills.
* Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
* Ability to lift 50lbs.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.