The IT Analyst - Supply Chain and Transportation, will work as the IT BRM in support of the Power Solutions business. As a member of the IT team, this position is responsible for assembling, analyzing, and performing feasibility analysis in support of alternative IT solutions, scoping IT projects cost and timelines, and leading testing efforts in support of overall project delivery for the Power Solutions Supply Chain and Transportation teams. Serves as the IT subject matter expert associated with supply chain and transportation content, processes and procedures, and provides analytical services for major Business and System projects..
The IT Analyst -Supply Chain and Transportation will serve as the liaison between IT and supply chain and transportation business leaders, the Center of Excellence, and other value stream IT team members (Order to Cash / Record to Report / Procure to Pay / Business Intelligence / etc) in order to investigate, prioritize, and manage IT project work.
Role and Responsibilities:
• In partnership with Business Process Owners, Business Leadership, Solution Architecture, Master Data Governance, and COE development & testing, this individual will be responsible for requirements gathering, project scope definition, oversight of COE technical development and testing, and delivery/implementation of approved IT projects.
• Serve as a liaison between IT and the business through asserted influence and subject matter expertise in the functional areas of Supply Chain and Transportation.
• Review, prioritize, track, and report on COE and AMS progress regarding efforts toward help-desk ticket remediation.
• Work with Business Relationship Management & Enterprise OCM leadership to deliver external stakeholder engagement, facilitation, and collaboration to drive transformation initiatives
Skills & Qualifications
A successful candidate should have the following skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, business, or related discipline.
• 3-5 years of Transportation knowledge inclusive of:
o Knowledge of overall industry best practices for transportation and warehousing
o Knowledge of ERP-based Transportation Planning and Execution (SAP or MFGPro, preferred)
o Knowledgeable of Third Party Transportation Optimization applications (TMS applications)
o IT Architecture knowledge of integrating systems (e.g. TMS -> ERP)
• 3-5 years of Supply Chain knowledge inclusive of:
o Knowledge of overall industry best practices for Supply Chain Planning (APO or Logility, preferred)
o Knowledge of Long-Term and Short-Term Demand Planning (forecasting independent demand)
o Knowledge of Supply Planning and Rough Cut Capacity Planning
o Architecture knowledge of integrating systems (e.g. Logility/APO ->ERP)
• IT Functional experience with industry project support applications such as:
o Clarity, MS Project, other project management tools
o Solution Manager
o Hewlett Packard Quality Center (HPQC)
• Proven business and IT capabilities to drive solutions which can be leveraged regionally and globally.
• Ability to work in an integrated environment with supporting functionalities, specifically ERP level sales order processing and manufacturing.
• Practical experience in transportation, supply chain, and process improvement, involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
• Experience with project scope definition and project planning for IT based projects.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• High communication skills required at all levels. Must be able to interact and impact senior leadership. Excellent command of verbal and written communication. Effective presentation style for all levels of stakeholders. Multi-lingual a plus.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.