Job Description: Position Summary:
Responsible for developing comprehensive applications solutions and estimates for specific customers or National Accounts opportunities, as well as, providing technical/sales support to the field organization for large and/or integrated systems. This position will act as primary liaison between the company and the customer, to include other stakeholders such as general contractors, electrical contractors, specialty contractors and other agencies. Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications: Education:
- Must have or be able to receive and maintain, at a minimum a NACI clearance
- Travel as required (25% travel required)
- Ensures proper application of systems products to meet customer requirements.
- Reviews bid specifications and develops exception documentation.
- Assist National Account Managers and Integrated Systems Managers (ISM's) in preparing bid responses and functional specifications.
- Assist National Accounts Sales and Business Operations team members in preparation of project cost estimates.
- Ensures the use of TycoIS Policies and Procedures in all aspects of project preparation and implementation.
- Provide technical assistance to Business Operations and the TycoIS field organization at system start up ensuring proper understanding by the field office regarding systems intent.
- Audits installed systems to ensure proper product revision control and customer support.
- Assist in evaluation and beta testing of new systems and subsystems to meet present or future requirements.
- Assists in the planning, setup, and support of National Accounts product demonstrations, industry shows, and exhibitions.
- Assists TycoIS Service group on technical issues for TycoIS field organization.
- Customer liaison for TycoIS and immediate customer.
- Have the ability to understand outdated, legacy type equipment and propose new solutions or integrate into new equipment.
- Have complete understanding of infrastructure requirements as it pertains to equipment being proposed or supported (cabling, power, environmental, conduits / raceways, etc).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience (noted below)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the integration of electronic security systems. To include but not limited to CCTV, access control, intrusion detection systems, intercoms, etc.
- 3 years proficiency in design, pricing and implementation of integrated systems
- Knowledge of Access Control Configuration Management.
- Ability to implement existing configuration standards and recommend new configurations which perform more efficiently.
- Purpose adaptations to existing systems to improve efficiencies.
- Hirsch-Identive Access control experience preferred but not required (completion of two week Hirsch course a plus)
- Field experience preferred but not required
- Ability to interpret blueprints/CAD drawings, identify design deficiencies and solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Customer focused, with the ability to effectively interact with internal organization and customer representatives.
- Possess high level of PC literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, Server applications).
- Team oriented
- Knowledge of large project management, database connectivity, basic LAN protocols, and serial communications.
- High level of proficiency in access control (Hirsch-Identive preferred but not required), intrusion detection, fire alarm and CCTV products and concepts.
- Ability to occasionally travel to customer locations (25% travels).
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.