This position is responsible for, being a resource across all regions of the organization to support JCI/Tyco Strategic Engagements on Enterprise-level solutions and services. Primary responsibilities are threefold - to provide Strategic and Thought Leadership, Solution Design and Architecture, as well as Application Deployment and Project/Team Management. Position interfaces and supports Sales, Engineering, and Operations in a Team Lead capacity. Team is focused on primary access control product lines, video platforms, and identity management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Leadership for Enterprise-class Software Solutions Deployments:
Typical work would include creating project plans (tasks, timelines, etc.) for designed solutions. Work would also include executing this project plan and coordinating activities amongst client, internal resources, and vendor partners. Project Leader is also primarily responsible for all high-level deployment activities involving the solution and data management.
- Team Lead - Program Management: Provide oversight and guidance to Applications Services team relative to scheduled projects, service/support issues, and pre-sales solution design activities. Assist Professional Services leadership with assignment of work, scheduling commitments and resource allocation.
- Strategic Thought Leadership, Process Analysis, and Solution Architecture Design:
Work with Account Managers and Engineering to assist clients with developing strategic visions as they move towards enterprise-class security solutions. Typical activities include consultative whiteboard sessions with clients, analyzing technical and process data, designing solutions, creating project task outlines, and quote generation assistance.
- Advanced Technical Support: Operations or service tasks that have been escalated through field personnel or require extensive interaction with product manufacturers. Specialist will take over case and see through to completion.
- Initiatives / Product Research / Custom Solutions: Lead initiatives on new product rollouts, act as high-level liaison to major manufacturers, creating team documentation and communication processes, custom solution creation, and self-education
- The primary challenge is to balance the highly technical hands-on tasks with the soft skills of project management, and strategic sales support while maintaining a commitment to continual education to be a leading technical resource in the industry
- Communication skills: The ability to translate difficult technical information, procedures, and vision to non-technical persons is a key challenge
- Team Lead Responsibilities: Position requires employee a high degree of self-management including scheduling and prioritization of work. Peer interaction is robust and providing guidance and instruction to others will be a regular occurrence. Ability to communicate with both the internal team and with internal/external customers is critical to success in the role
- Working Hours / Travel: Position may require travel to client locations by car and plane and/or unusual working hours including holidays, weekends,and after-hours.
You must be a resident citizen of the United States to qualify for this position. Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.