This role will include specific focus on architecture assignments and deliverables germane to technology architecture within the database technology space. This role includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Participates in the development and maintenance of business and system architectures.
- Responsible for working on low to medium architectural impact projects, assessing low impact projects for compliance to the Enterprise Architecture, recommending any exceptions to the Enterprise Architecture for low impact projects and directing implementation of the architecture for a single application or a system component.
- Assists senior architects with conducting complex technology and system assessments for component architecture and may participate in enterprise architecture activity.
- Provides technical and systems consultation to internal clients and technical management to ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture.
- 5+ years of information technology systems design and planning experience; in systems, applications, or architecture
- 5+ years of database experience
- 3+ years of Oracle experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the technical application of concepts, practices and procedures in the architecture of a single application or system component
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Visio skills
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
- Strong negotiating skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the technical application of concepts, practices andprocedures in the architecture of a single application or system component
- Strong presentation skills with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience with multiple relational or non-relational database platforms
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS and ancillary Oracle products
- Exadata knowledge
- Experience with SQL Server RDBMS
- Ability to organize and lead meetings with senior / executive leaders
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the enterprise, as well as with enterprise partners (vendors, et. al.)
- Ability to build relations with peer architects / application architecture teams
- Ability to think strategically, projecting 3-5 year technology timelines
- Knowledge of / experience with the TOGAF architecture framework
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.