What you’ll be doing...
As a candidate joining us, you will have a huge impact on what our company offers its consumers and the culture of our company.
- Starting from the initial phase you will be involved in architecting the BSS and OSS. You’ll be working back with the main service provider and vendors.
- Provides architectural and technical consultation services to IT and its business partners
- Think creatively to provide innovative solutions to IT and the rest of the business community
- Provide leadership to cross functional teams related to architecting, designing, and deploying enterprise-scale systems
- Provide technical oversight to multiple project teams involved in upgrades, consolidation, and enhancements of technology, applications, and data. Lead new technology evaluations and recommendations
- Maintain active relationships with vendor’s architects in order to ensure proper alignment between emerging technologies and the business objectives.
- Perform technical reviews and analysis of critical business applications, providing options for enhancing applications
- Research, analyze and recommend new technology, architecture, frameworks and products
- Seek and create integration opportunities between various IT products including but not limited to the Digital portfolio, Governance, Policy, Ordering, Billing and Care systems.
- Understand business processes and provide guidance and seek tools and technology alternatives to automate or optimize those processes
- You’ll be acting as the Scrum Lead in our Agile / DevOps environment
- Regularly be collaborating with all other tech teams and operations
What we’re looking for...
- 8+ Years as a team lead architecting large BSS / OSS systems
- 8+ Years in telecommunications
- 4+ years’ experience in one or more following technologies –
- System - OCS, PCRF, SCP, GGSN, SMSC. Interfaces – Radius and Diameter (GX, GY, RO), SMPP, SS7, SNMP
- 2+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end to end delivery
- Experience in architecting and designing highly scalable, cloud-based, large and complex application
- Expertise in the Agile / DevOps environment with the full SDLC in a large enterprise wide environment
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Strong analytic, problem solving, decision-making skills and proven ability to discern critical from minor problems.
- Ability to innovate new solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills in areas such as facilitation and negotiation and the ability to work with internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.