What you’ll be doing...
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Design, implement and manage highly available, highly scalable systems to meet the growing demands of the business
- Manage all aspects of system availability including but not limited to systems research, design, implementation and maintenance.
- Maintain compliance with company security policies, standards and procedures.
- Design, implement and maintain the business directory services, identity management systems, productivity and messaging services, monitoring applications, malware protection, mobile device management
- Design, implement and maintain the business hypervisor systems, virtualization, server operating systems, clustered services
- Respond rapidly to system outages, alerts and or any interruption in system services globally on an as needed basis to maintain the highest level of availability possible (SLA / Uptime > 99%).
- Responsible for the acquisition, configuration, implementation, administration and capacity planning of all server installations within the infrastructure.
- Responsible for system backup, recovery and retention of all data for physical and virtual servers.
- Monitor performance, usage and patterns to determine utilization and conduct behavior analysis
What we’re looking for...
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong understanding of SaaS based messaging and productivity services such as o365 and GSuite
- Strong understanding of highly available hypervisor clusters and associated technologies/concepts (HyperV, VMWare, NIC teaming, shared storage (FC, iSCSI), storage controllers, RAID types, Storage appliance management, RSAT and related management tools etc.)
- Strong understanding of managing IaaS environments such as Amazon AWS, Azure, Rackspace
- Strong experience in Windows 2008(R2)/2012(R2)/2016 Server, Active Directory and related applications/services. (DNS, DHCP, NPS, DFS, ADFS, WAP, ADMT, RADIUS, WSUS)
- Familiarity with managing Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as PowerShell or Bash.
- Intermediate level understanding of network protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, VPN, VoIP, SIP, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, MPLS, BGP etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical problem solver, detail oriented
- Comfortable in a time-sensitive, project driven, team based environment
- Exceptional analytic, inter-personal, troubleshooting and presentation skills
- Ability to rapidly grasp, comprehend and retain information related to new technologies
- Detail oriented and SLA sensitive person who works independently or in a team environment
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Professional certifications in related areas
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.