This position is for an experienced technology professional to provide system & application architecture support within the PSVI & CBT (Community Banking Technology) Architecture team focusing on Omni-Channel/Collaboration applications and deployment within the Contact Center Technologies area. The latter team provides architecture support for Wells Fargo Contact Center Technologies teams which support all Wells Fargo Contact Centers across the Enterprise. These contact center platforms include vendor applications: NICE, Genesys, Cisco, Aspect, CafeX, Nuance, eGain, Pindrop, Empirix and CRM. CRM applications include both native Wells Fargo Applications along with Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics in both a customer and team member facing applications.
It includes defining the architectural approach and design of complex IT systems, including providing in-depth technical consultation and detailed system design which aligns with enterprise technology strategies and standards as well as with our business strategy and requirements. The position includes the following responsibilities:
Project Architecture - Responsible for working on medium to high architectural impact projects
- Work with business teams to analyze project requirements as a foundation for architecture designs
- Produce project architecture designs encapsulated in Systems Architecture Specification documents using industry standard modeling languages and practices.
- Manage designs for multiple projects concurrently throughout the project lifecycle
- Perform software platform design analysis
- Produce platform analysis reports for senior management review
New Platform Design/Development
- Assist in the development of proof of concept prototypes to evaluate evolving products and technologies
- Participate in the definition of future technology architecture and strategy
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and capabilities in order to prepare and respond to customer needs and expectations.
- Perform in depth consultation to senior management to ensure applications adhere to established Wells Fargo standards, policies, methodologies and industry best practices
Develops and maintains business system and corporate architectures. Responsible for working on medium to high architectural impact projects, recommending exceptions to the Enterprise Architecture for low to medium impact projects, reviewing and approving low architectural impact designs and directing implementation of the architecture for multiple applications or a component family. Conducts complex technology and system assessments for component architecture. Acts as a lead in component architecture and participates in enterprise architecture activity. Provides in-depth technical and systems consultation to internal clients and technical management to ensure alignment with the Enterprise Architecture.
- 10+ years of information technology systems design and planning experience; in systems, applications, or architecture
- 10+ years of information technology experience
- 4+ years of web design and development experience
- 1+ year of UML (Unified Modeling Language) experience
- 2+ years of experience with software architecture design principles and designing software solutions
- Extensive technical skills and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of an entire line of business or infrastructure sub-domain
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Knowledge and understanding of application development, infrastructure, and architecture environments
- Knowledge and understanding of applications: architecture, design, business functions, interfaces, dependencies, processing windows, volumes
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology architecture design concepts, strategies, and standards
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: applications systems design and integration
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: development consultation including optimal design and configurations
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: solutions for web applications and web services
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: technical application of concepts, practices and procedures in the architecture of a single application or system component
- Strong design skills within a software architecture design tool
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Ability to influence management on technical or business solutions
- Ability to manage initiatives related to the following: architecture roadmap that aligns with business strategy and the broader architecture community; hardware and capacity planning, consolidation and rationalization; related emerging technology assessment and incubation
- Strong presentation skills
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.