Software System Architect for Distributed Multi-Processor Development Description
We are seeking an experienced System Architect to join our growing team working on a state-of-the-art digital lithography tool. The successful candidate will be Linux-savvy and thrive in seeing what exists, understanding the details and knowing what it takes to make it better. Coordination of development activities among groups working on parts of the puzzle will be a requirement for building a functional and robust software architecture. Key Responsibilities
- Understand and fully document the existing distributed multi-processor architecture used to realize the current digital lithography framework
- Analyze the system requirements and propose alternatives/improvements to transform an R&D system into a production framework
- Guide development of software components such that the fit into the overall vision of the system specification
- Develop a system architecture that it robust from the standpoint of interface, communication and data transfer across a heterogeneous computation environment comprising blade servers, central resources, embedded drivers and software/firmware/hardware subsystems.
- Bachelor's degree
- 15 years in software development
- 8 as a system architect in a distributed processing environment
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment
- Thorough understanding of system architecture in both C and C environments will allow the candidate to use the best of both approaches in system development
- Knowledge of C and C design patterns and the ability to apply these in system architecture and implementation
- Fluency in in a distributed, multi-processor environment is a key requirement for this position
- Excellent working knowledge of programming in C, including structs, pointers, macros, and types for multiple architectures.
- Experience in designing data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in efficient system interface design and implementation
- Ability to write software specifications and to document production software
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.