Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This position is for a Senior Developer/Lead working in the proprietary Data warehouse (ESP) implementation team for Investment Manager Services Business Unit. The position requires a strong background in application development, a good understanding of leading IT technologies in particular RDBMS and Unix. The person in this role will be completely hands-on and will work with cross-functional teams. The work will require a candidate to be competent in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
• Meet with users across multiple Business domains and platforms and work with them to translate their business requirements into a technical design
• Able to support the entire IMS Suite of applications and work with various development teams
• Provide guidance to the development teams on various implementations
• Able to work with Exadata / Oracle teams and provide the necessary capacity and sizing requirements
• Capable of reviewing the database performance and implement the necessary optimization techniques
• Able to work independently on Oracle database related issues
• Provide technical direction on several IMS implementation teams
• Proven ability to lead the design and development of Data Warehouse based platforms
• Experience with Exadata and oracle
• Experience working with business partners to conduct business analysis and requirement definition workshops.
• Technical ability to be able to not only manage an effort, but to develop the solution is important. This is a technical role with a high percentage of time spent in development.
• Strong understanding of PL/SQL and SQL Tuning required.
• 5+ Years of Software Development experience
• 4+ years working with Oracle 11g/12c databases including PL/SQL development, SQL, and performance tuning.
• 2+ years working with exadata appliances
• 4+ years working on Data Warehousing projects including design and development
• Excellent Communication Skills
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.