Basic Purpose & Responsibilities
State Street Global Markets is looking for a talented Foreign Exchange (FX) IT professional for the role of FX Product Development Lead to join State Street's world class IT organization as part of a multiyear strategic growth initiative focused on maximizing market share growth expanding into emerging FX markets and developing new products/services.Responsibilities:
Leads the design and development of the business critical and complex application projects; Serves as architect on technical design; Serves as scrum master/tech project lead overseeing and monitoring progress on overall project scope analysis technical design execution and delivery.
\tQualification & Technical Skills
- \t\tArchitects and monitors system technical design and implementation of the business critical and complex application development projects.\t
- \t\tConsults with business product owner as needed to analyze requirements and identify the optimal technical solution to fit within existing technologies and comply with overall strategic direction.\t
- \t\tEnsure clear and concise expression of design decisions to development business teams and senior IT management.\t
- \t\tProactively ensures minimum delays in systems deliverables focuses on performance optimization for the total system.\t
- \t\tResponsible for the performance aspect of system testing and the compatibility with other interfacing systems.\t
- \t\tProvides subject matter technical domain expertise in addressing complex projects and issues that encompass a wide range of internal and external systems components and processes.\t
- \t\tSets direction in evaluating and leveraging Industry best practices.\t
- \t\tServes as a mentor to junior technical staff.\t
- \t\tGood interaction and strong verbal and written communication skills.\t
- \t\tAbility to present both business and technical matters to both small and large teams.
- \t\tBachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent\t
- \t\t10+ years of Java programming experience preferably working on online transaction processing low latency high throughput globally distributed systems\t
- \t\t3+ years of experience working within a financial institution preferably within Front Office technology platform with exposure to the business.\t
- \t\tExperienced highly skilled in the following technologies as an architect/design lead and developer level. Expertise in Core Java expertise in Linux scripting and good knowledge of operating system fundamentals Tomcat or another J2EE application server Oracle/Exadata Clearcase SVN GIT JUnit JTest Jenkins Cucumber Hudson Clover MQ PHP Perl Jscript Scripting languages and other open source technologies.\t
- \t\tEnd to end understanding of software architecture design development and implementation.\t
- \t\tStrong Practical experience using Scrum Agile modelling and adaptive software development.\t
- \t\tContinuous integration and build process test automation and deployment experience.\t
- \t\tAbility to write technical story documents and presentations.
- \t\tRecognized expertise in own area within the organization\t
- \t\tShares expertise with colleagues and others; offers mentoring and guidance to others\t
- \t\tProvides direction for others. Assumes leadership role and provides guidance; can lead teams/projects
- \t\tAcclaimed specialist in one area: demonstrates depth/ breadth of knowledge/ skills in own discipline\t
- \t\tApplies knowledge/skills through handling complex problems and/or coordinating work which may extend beyond own area of expertise; shares expertise with colleagues and other departments\t
- \t\tFinancial services/mutual funds/securities industry experience a plus.