At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Systems Control Technician for the Electrical Markets Division located Angleton, TX. Here, we go! Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Systems Control Technician will install, maintain, repair, modify, calibrate, program and make adjustments to electrical, electronic, and microprocessor devices and components used in production, laboratory, office and utility areas of the plant. The person will also be required to assist in mechanical repair and troubleshooting. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require working:
- Develop, test, diagnose and modify programs for microprocessor based manufacturing systems and quality analysis equipment. Write machine programs for programmable controllers (PLCs). Make program modifications and troubleshoot programs
- Install troubleshoot, repair, modify, calibrate and make adjustments to electrical/electronic system components and circuits used in measurement and control of current, voltage, temperature, humidity, speed, vacuum, pressure, tension, flow, time, frequency, thickness and density
- Ensure availability of machine documentation and programs, and ensure that all documentation and programs are updated to reflect machine or program changes
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and make repairs or adjustments using repair parts or correcting existing parts
- Know and apply the operating principles, purpose, proper application and design limitations of electrical power distribution system components and elements. Includes the troubleshooting, testing, repair, replacement, adjustment, calibration and cleaning of the system and elements
- Know and apply the electrical rules and regulations stipulated in the National Electrical Code and local electrical codes
- Read and work to indicated accuracy, specifications, and tolerances as detailed on engineering drawings, machine assembly prints, machine construction prints, blueprints, sketches, equipment manuals and vendor diagrams, using both U.S. customary and SI (metric) systems of measurements
- Use powered and nonpowered hand tools such as drills, files, grinders, hammers, punches, reamers, saws, scrappers, scribers, torque wrenches, and similar hand tools needed in performing daily tasks
- Determine and use standard metal joining techniques such as silver soldering, brazing, and soldering
- Employee may generate or handle hazardous waste
- A strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Rotating shifts
- extended hours
- holidays.as needed
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Two year degree in Systems Controls or equivalent field of study and/or equivalent experience
Good problem solving, troubleshooting, and reasoning ability
Good organizational and planning skills
Self-motivated, team orientated, and good interpersonal skills
Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, Drives, and components
Experience with Siemens Step7 PLCs, Drives, and components
Comfortable with the use and troubleshooting of personal computers running Windows 7
Comfortable working with 480VAC and 700VDC electrical systemsLocation
: Angleton, TXRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.