Robert Half has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer. If you feel that you are a solid match for this position, please forward your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Work with operations and engineering team to optimize cloud deployments.
• Ensure 24x7 availability of service offerings
• Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes
• Develop automation and orchestration capabilities which allow us to operate at scale
• Participate in delivery of new service offerings, working closely with development team to deliver low latency, high performance applications
• Analyze application characteristics and behavior, to optimize hardware configuration and performance of operational systems
• Provide DB management, experience with DB tuning and optimization considered a significant plus
• Design, implement and test robust failover and disaster recovery procedures
• Hands on working knowledge of global AWS deployments at scale
• Linux/Unix operating system support for mission-critical environment
• Windows platform expertise highly desirable
• Excellent TCP/IP networking experience and understanding (including LB, VPN, Firewalls, etc)
• Experience with puppet or similar tools for automation of systems deployment and management
• Scripting and systems-related programming skills
• Understanding of load balancing principles
• Experience with Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, and/or OpenStack is desirable but not required
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.