Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
We are seeking an experienced engineer to join our team helping to lead system integration efforts.RESPONSIBILITIES:
This person will technically lead various product development efforts from a systems level incl. support of elevator system verification and validation. The scope of activities may include system and component trade-studies, development of agreed terms of reference and system requirement documents. This position will also provide product support for a variety of elevator components and systems utilizing interpretation of models, drawings and wiring diagrams to identify root cause for complex problems and develop innovative solutions. Participation in technical reviews and audits of components, subsystems and systems. This position requires interaction, planning and coordination incl. outside of engineering with cross functional teams spanning from manufacturing, supply chain, contracting and field personnel. Qualification:
- Elevator or similar Industry experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of system layouts and performance of weight-driven components
- Experience as a member on product development teams
- Experience translating customer requirements into system requirements and allocating those to components
- Understanding of system performance envelopes "duty tables" based on component limitations
- Solid electrical understanding (wiring diagrams, motor and control applications and logic)
- Strong communications (English/Spanish a plus) and leadership ability
- MS Office applications
- Experience with design, development, and test of electro-mechanical systems
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes to include requirements development and verification, systems architecture and conceptual design theories
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical discipline with 5 to 7+ years' experience
- Master's degree in mechanical discipline with 3 to 5+ years' experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.