The role is a mix of engineer/sr administrator. This company is growing rapidly and they need the backend support to fuel that growth.
Day to day will be mix of Linux/Windows engineering/administration. 70% Linux shop, 30% Windows.
This person will be instrumental with leading the charge over the next year to implement VMware. They will be able to get their hands on some other cool technology as well.
In the role of Systems Engineer you will be a key team member in developing, building, and implementing the technology platforms for this company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work within the team to help maintain and build out our infrastructure.
* Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant
* Document systems and processes.
* Help manage the co-location data center located in Suwanee, GA.
* Work collaboratively with the technology team and business stakeholders to ensure that critical business needs are met.
* Ensure that systems and network changes occur without adversely affecting the stability of the production environment.
* Lead troubleshooting efforts to find ways to make our applications more cost-efficient.
* Utilize monitoring tools to troubleshoot and resolve system issues, minimizing possible downtime.
* Research and evaluate new technologies to help improve our business objectives.
* Work to achieve and maintain the company's security objectives. Assist in creating and implementing policy and procedures.
* Participate in the on-call support schedule of the team.
* Must have the ability to work within a team or alone to achieve the business objectives.
* Must have good oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical problems and projects to team members.
* Must be a pragmatic problem solver with a passion of high availability and service delivery.
* Must have a desire to implement and work within change controls.
* Experience with the following: JIRA, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Python, DRDB.
* Experience in troubleshooting Java and C# code\logs.
* Experience with Cloud technologies including AWS and Azure
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.