Systems Engineer - 5G Wireless Transmissions Job Description
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth.
So join us - and help us create the next generation of wireless technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Intel invites you to collaborate with global teams to develop and specify the concepts of wireless modem architectures for various technologies 3G, LTE and upcoming 5G Description
This position will be working in a dynamic international project team, working on the design and implementation of mobile receiver algorithms.This encompasses the following tasks:
- Modeling of wireless transmission systems and simulation of a complete transceiver system.
- Analysis of 3GPP LTE/LTE-A/5G physical layer signal processing requirements, in particular for the release 13,14 and beyond
- Performance evaluation of mobile receiver algorithms via link level simulations
- Contribution to overall system studies as well as complexity and performance assessments
- Definition of HW/SW split in product implementation, including definition of acceleration units
- DSP software implementation on embedded DSPs and vector processing architectures
MS or PhD degree in electrical engineering with experience in signal processing and desired experience in cellular modem physical layer design and verification.In addition must also have acquired 5 years' of theoretical and practical experience in the following fields:
QualificationsInside this Business Group
- Digital Signal Processing and (embedded) DSP architectures
- Telecommunications and Mobile Communications
- Cellular systems experience (LTE/LTE-A/5G)
- Programming in C/C , Matlab, and DSP-Assembler language
- Excellent communication skills for project work in an international team-oriented environment
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.Other Locations
US, California, San Diego; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.