Lead with us as you work with Corporate Engineering, Contracted Engineering services, Operations, Operations Services, Food Safety/Quality, Safety, and other Systems Engineers. Engage with us as you contribute to the continuous technical improvement of the facility, equipment, and production systems in support of plant business goals. Innovate with us as you ensure adherence to all standard work processes, including K-LEAN processes, knowledge transfer, and Lean Training.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Systems Engineer, you will be part of our success by:
• Ensuring compliance with all regulations. Food Safety - plant in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control, pest control, guidelines followed. Compliance with food safety policies and procedures
• Ensuring adequate level of technical expertise to maintain an effective operation and technical process stabilization and control
• Conducting knowledge transfer and training to the workforce to ensure day-to-day support driven by the hourly workforce
• Establishing and ensuring achievement of all unit KPIs ensuring adherence to and continuous improvement for all area MCRS elements
• Participating in the business planning and budgeting process by developing short and long-term cost containment/reduction strategies
• Accountable for execution of relevant projects within assigned area to include monitoring, communication, and delegation of work to team members as needed taking into account workload, deadlines, and team member's capabilities
• Supporting plant and contractor Safety, Food Safety/Quality programs and HACCP initiatives
• Directing, coordinating, communicating, and interpreting policy for assigned staff to ensure that engineering projects are thoroughly planned, scheduled, scoped, estimated, properly staffed, and implemented in accordance to plan
• Developing, implementing, and managing technical documentation and audit processes. Troubleshooting technical related issues (Step 3 resource) and updating technical SOCs and SOPs
• Managing plant systems and equipment to enhance productivity and mitigate obsolescence
• Proactively engaging in the development and training of hourly labor to support Diversity and Inclusion plans
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Engineering, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• High School diploma/GED and significant relevant experience
• Clear understanding of the plant's equipment
• Able to identify potential problems and opportunities and recommend strategic courses of action, considering immediate and long-term implications, benefits, costs, and risks associated with decision alternatives
• Able to clearly communicate the strategic vision to employees and obtain their input and commitment, motivating them to work toward common plans and objectives
• Controls/Electrical, PLC background
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering/technical or other related field and relevant experience
• Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Experience creating/delivering budget process
• Ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
• Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: