SUMMARY The primary purpose of this position is the design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications. The position is responsible for the support and maintenance of the software used by various business areas in their daily use.
The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid's brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Experience / Requirements
- Create automated systems to satisfy business units requirements, test and plan for the implementation of the system that has been created.
- Draw on a solid understanding of Information Technology (IT) to satisfy functional area(s) and/or acquire additional knowledge as necessary to effectively meet the company's IT needs.
- Perform development and programming duties with general direction in or more functional areas.
- Recommend business processes and product improvements within corporate functions, considering the objectives of the business partner(s).
- Anticipate, research, and identify root causes of technical problems and provide possible solutions.
- Integrate Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies into project assignments; participate in process improvement activities; review results to validate conclusions.
- Interface with and make general presentations to the support team, management, and peer groups; prepare and maintain documentation.
- Probe to determine customer needs; coordinate efforts with various support groups in the application and implementation of technical solutions; build relationships with customer peers.
- Two (2) years' of experience in Information Technology preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Information Technology preferred.
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.