The Systems Engineer II (Remedy Engineer) is responsible for resolving workflow/transaction and troubleshooting errors across related backend systems. Position will require understanding of data flows in order to effectively escalate to other teams or departments as needed. This position is also responsible for monitoring system issues that may be causing chronic errors to identify widespread issues and means of prevention.
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with BMC Action Request System
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with BMC Remedy ITSM suite of applications including Service Request
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with any scripting language
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
- Experience providing technical support and general troubleshooting of BMC Action Request System and associated ITSM applications, Oracle databases and other systems.
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX systems
- Experience providing support for internally developed applications
- Experience with reconfiguration and development of workflow for Remedy backend components
- Experience demonstrating an understanding around specifying requirements for and/or implementation of system health tools, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments
- Ability installing, administering, configuring, and maintaining OSS applications; including operating systems and related software
- Experience monitoring and managing applications, device availability, network conditions, and system reliability/performance, as well as service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Familiarity with deployment methodologies and tools for application code
- BMC Remedy Action Request certifications
- BMC Action Request System customized applications
- Experience with integrations with networking tools, i. e., NetCool, Resolve
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Experience with Perl, Java, shell scripting and other scripting languages
- RedHat Certified Administrator/Engineer
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.