Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction. Key Responsibilities
- Support system engineering projects that have a substantial mix of electrical, mechanical, physics, algorithms and software design, and understand the underlying system implications. Contribute to the system engineering specification within the field of one's expertise.
- Assist in creating the system engineering specification and write the portion of the system engineering specification pertaining to field of technical expertise.
- Perform and coordinate tests, and provide feedback to product engineering, physics, algorithms and software on new designs and ongoing engineering improvements.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting of moderately difficult engineering problems in field of technical expertise, including serviceability and manufacturability.
- Support System Integration during the assembly and final testing of new product designs.
- Ensure that all new designs of hardware and software meets the MRS, and are reliable, safe, user friendly and maintainable by the field.
- Assist in defining all external equipment interfaces, analyze architecture ideas and insure they are up to date and documented.
- Learn and begin contributing to the systems architecture development process.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.