Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Support system engineering projects that have a substantial mix of electrical, mechanical, physics, algorithms and software design, and understand the underlying system implications by conducting detailed engineering analysis of sub systems using vast knowledge of design concepts and functional requirements pertaining to field of technical expertise and broadening into other disciplines.
- Assist in creating concepts for architectural design approaches, evaluate architectures to provide recommendation for best system solution approach and qualify prototypes of new designs in a lab and in a customer site, or procure entire subsystems from outsourced suppliers and test for compliance with detailed specifications
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a variety of difficult engineering problems in field of technical expertise, including serviceability and manufacturability and provide remote and onsite support to field support personnel as required .
- Complete definition and design of complex components, modules and sub systems. Contribute to the system engineering specification both within the field of one's expertise and broadening into other disciplines. Ensure designs meet market requirement specifications (MRS). Coordinate with project marketing and management to understand sub system requirements.
- Be able to chair architecture brainstorming meetings, drive the systems process to down select to a final architecture of a subsystem and present the solutions to upper management and customers
- Partner with Quality & Reliability (Q&R) group to review and address Top Field Issues. Participate in or own CAPA process. Conduct or facilitate Failure Analysis and FMECA process if needed
- Develop new manuals and procedures, Customer Engineering Notices (CENs), Internal Service Bulletins (ISBs) and troubleshooting guides as required
- Collect process and qualification data to create product Best Known Methods (BKMs)
- Responsible for high valued problem resolution, design development and procedure improvement
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.