Job ScopeWe are currently looking for a Systems Engineer IV to join our Cloud Infrastructure support team that provides design verification, networking protocol/ port verification, deployment and support for VMWare, OpenStack and AWS hosted services as well as internally created tools. The team performs new VM builds, maintenance and upgrades of all National Service applications hosted in this VM environment. The team maintains heightened scrutiny and overall operability and behavior of the National Service applications through several means to provide support, troubleshooting and resolution with issues and outages in a 24/7/365 operations environment. The team responds to and troubleshoots all NOC trouble tickets for all National Service VM applications built and maintained by the team. Basic/Minimum Qualifications
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within Systems Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Cloud infrastructure technologies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting Virtual Machines.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Network Switches, Routers and related protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
- Experience working with UNIX and Linux operating systems; specifically troubleshooting and providing administration.
- Experience with performing support and administrative tasks within Amazon Web Services (AWS), VM Ware, OpenStack, or other cloud infrastructure technologies.
- Proficient in scripting and one or more programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Bash)
- Experience with Infrastructure provisioning tools such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation.
- Proficient in monitoring and logging tools such as Splunk, ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana).
- Experience working with databases like SQL Server, MySQL, Cassandra, Oracle RAC or Hadoop.
- Experience working with Splunk, AppDynamics, Nagios and other related technologies
- Experience providing 'on call' support on a rotating basis to resolve system/application issues after normal business hours
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Telecommunication industry experience
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.