Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Key Responsibilities
- Lead and/or develop and execute complex projects that have a substantial mix of electrical, mechanical, physics, algorithms and software design; and attend design reviews and provide input to meet market requirement specifications (MRS) and hardware/software specifications. Ensure designs meet market requirement specifications (MRS). Coordinate with project marketing and management to understand system requirements. Be able to chair architecture brainstorming meetings and drive the systems process to down select to a final architecture of a top level system.
- Write detailed specifications that cover all aspects of subsystem modules including interfaces to the product by using systems analysis to create a diagram. Create concepts for complex architectural design approaches. Lead team evaluations of architectures to provide recommendation for best system solution approach.
- Provide feedback on variety of components and modules.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of difficult, complex engineering problems in field of technical expertise, including serviceability and manufacturability.
- Support System Integration during the assembly and final testing of new product designs.
- Interface with other groups to workout design, systems architecture development and integration issues.
- Define all equipment interfaces and systems architecture and insure they are up to date and documented.
- Work with vendors to develop new competitive products, including development of key suppliers.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.