Additional Location(s) or Information: Open to Tulsa OK
Job Category: Sales
Level of Experience: Entry Level
Requisition #: R1018891
What You'll Do
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Manager in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions.
• Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits.
• Designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
• Ability to learn quickly and stay current with the latest business and technology innovations in order to gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in multiple vertical markets.
• Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
1. The key performance traits for this role include:
• Go to Market Sales Model-
• Drive business outcomes /customer value selling
• Engage line of business and gaining sponsorship outside of IT
• Joint development of strategic account plan
• Business Disciplines - Create/maintain competitive heat maps and architecture/roadmaps, customer business reviews (CBRs) and relationship map
• Address alignment to current Area and Theater priorities
• Influence with tailored messages for high impact to any audience
• Build and leverage vertical and architectural expertise
• Implement Challenger Sales traits - Teach, Tailor, Take Control
• Build cross-functional support for proposed solutions
• Link architectural vision to account strategy
2. Driving Sales Achievement
• Understand and achieve account, region, and operation sales objectives
• Use architecture/solutions to grow adjacent opportunities
• Change agent - constructively expressing need for innovation and change
• Tenacity and follow-up
• Demonstrate ability to generate an emotional impact with customers and urgency to realize benefits for executing on an opportunity with "why Cisco" message
3. Financial Acumen & Performance
• Analyze customer's financials to understand needs and opportunities
• Assess consumption models needs per customer
• Driving business planning and goal attainment
• Researching/educating customer's industry or economic conditions which drive or create change in priorities
4. One Winning Team Engagement
• Effectively facilitate account planning across teams (Architectures, Services, CVA, Capital, Partners, etc.)
• Strategically engage cross functional resources to achieve their goals and hit their numbers
• Time/resource management--handling multiple priorities and greater levels of responsibility
• Presentation Skills, Workshop Facilitation, White boarding Skills, etc.
• Leadership (vision) and delegation (execution)
• Effectively use productivity resources (TSN, PSTS, AS) to maximize customer impact.
5. Superior Customer Relationships and Leading Innovation
• Build influence and establish customer relationships inside and outside of IT
• Challenge customers to see their business differently
• Ability to establish trust and credibility
• Accessibility and responsiveness - organization and time management
•Take initiative and demonstrate a customer focused, service first attitude
6. Building Winning Capability within Cisco
• Focus on collaboratively contributing to the long term success of Enterprise South, US Enterprise and Cisco
• Sharing of best practices, case studies and win/loss stories
• Mentor team members and receive mentoring
• Consistently strive to improve and reinvent yourself
• Lead by example - demonstrates excellence in thoughts, speech, action and attitude
Who You'll Work With
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Manager in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions. Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits.
Who You Are
• 7+ years related experience in a fast-paced high technology environment
• Cisco product experience (required)
• Competitive product ePre-Sales experience
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCIE certification desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in more than one area of specialization.
• Strong operating experience in more than one of the following areas of specialization: Unified Communications/Collaboration technologies, Datacenter/Virtualization, Wireless/ Borderless Network
• Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Must be viewed as a leader by senior management, peers, customers and Cisco corporate organizations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Ability to participate as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
• Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
• National travel is required.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Entry Level
Opportunity Category: Wireless, Data Center, Video, Collaboration
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.