IBM is transforming to lead. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. Use breakthrough Cognitive computing to help analysts support clients' missions, businesses extract critical insights, doctors transform patient care, bankers reduce risk, and clinicians diagnose and treat rare pediatric diseases. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
The IBM Systems Engineers and Architects are revolutionizing the industry by working to enable the world to confidently store, distribute, access and leverage unstructured content at massive scale - to accelerate digital transformation within enterprises around the world! Our cutting edge, proven technology has been recognized by a number of top analysts, most recently garnering more #1 positions than any other vendor in Gartner's Critical Capabilities for Object Storage 31 March 2016
. Our highly ambitious pursuits are fueled primarily by the stellar people we hire. We look for bright people who are passionate and dedicated team players.
IBM currently has numerous openings for cleared Systems Engineers and Architects with varying levels of experience to support our clients in the National Capital Region. As an IBM Systems Engineer / Architect you will support the development and implementation of cost effective solutions and their supportive systems to meet our customers' objectives. Duties and Responsibilities
Stay connected by subscribing to the IBMjobs blog (blog.ibm.jobs) for career insights, news and latest job opportunities. (2252)
- Work cross-functionally with engineers, software developers, and end-users to design, implement, and maintain customers' application systems and IT infrastructure for highly complex systems
- Create IT system architecture concepts, implement approved designs, and evaluate new changes to current architecture
- Work to develop and maintain, and enhance existing systems, and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems
- Analyze functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities
- Work with customer-base through industry leading DevOps practices and end-user focused design to iteratively solve difficult customer challenges
- Design wire frames of GUIs and workflows using industry proven open source tools
- Analyze systems and perform usability testing to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, and meet security requirements
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To all Recruitment Agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.