Recognized as an expert within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements. Key Responsibilities
- Lead and/or develop and execute significantly complex projects having a substantial mix of electrical, mechanical, physics, algorithms and software design, which are leading edge of system functionality or technology; spearhead research and development of new technologies as appropriate; and work with Marketing to insure the meet market requirement specifications (MRS) is valid and attainable. Coordinate with project marketing and management to understand system requirements. Be able to chair architecture brainstorming meetings and drive the systems process to down select to a final architecture of a project level system.
- Use systems analysis to create a diagram in order to review specifications, influence product engineering and software to utilize system engineering concepts for new, complex designs and ongoing engineering improvements, and supervise tests.
- Interface with other groups to workout design, systems architecture development and integration issues.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting significantly complex engineering problems, which are on leading edge of technology or system functionality.
- Review system engineering test results and architecture development ideas. Influence and communicate change in adjusting design direction as necessary.
- Support System Integration during the assembly and final testing of new product designs.
- Work with vendors to develop new competitive products and takes business issues into consideration.
- Provide remote and onsite support to field support personnel as required.
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.