Systems Engineer Internship RECOMMENDATIONS TO APPLY AT BOTTOM!
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
As a Systems Engineer Intern on the Linux Engineering and Tooling team, you will work alongside engineers and be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining in-house tools that aid in the management of the company's critical infrastructure. Responsibilities:
- Design and development of new tools that aid in the management of LinkedIn's critical internal systems
- Maintenance and management of existing in-house tools
- Participation in operational duties for the Linux Engineering team
- Currently pursuing a B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical field
- Expected to complete degree by September 2018 or earlier
- Experience with Linux servers
- Experience with system software engineering principles, concurrency, databases, scalability, high availability, and distributed systems
- Experience with a high-level language such as Python (preferred), Ruby, C, C++, or Perl
- Being proactive and having the willingness to learn
- Strong technical, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of network concepts (IP and IPv6, switching, routing, VLANs, firewalls, iptables, subnetting
- Experience with a configuration management tool such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or CFEngine
To apply to this role, we recommend the following so we can see your passion for systems engineering!
- Submit a resume in pdf format
- Indicate the month and year of your intended graduation date
- Please emphasize (e.g. put in summary at top of resume) your systems engineering experience (experience with Linux servers, system software engineering principles, concurrency, databases, scalability, high availability, distributed systems, and high-level language such as Python (preferred), Ruby, C, C++, or Perl