TEKsystems has partnered with a top company is the retail industry. They are currently looking for a Systems Engineer for their Infrastructure & Middleware team within IT.
The top required skills include:
--Position is focused on Microsoft productivity suites (O 365, Sharepoint, and other tools)
--This role is to be product champion
--Will work with end users / strong communication skills needed
--Server clustering, other technical skills will allow this person to work in other functions with the team.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for: researching advanced technology trends in area(s) of expertise; identifying emerging trends and initiating research projects for team members; designing innovative solutions using new technologies; recommending short-term alternatives when appropriate; creating prototypes and leading initial development and testing; defining SLAs to ensure requirements are met or exceeded; escalating problems as required and informing management as appropriate; developing client satisfaction and capacity planning metrics; coordinating assessment of emerging technologies; evaluating and recommending new projects or tools; overseeing cost benefit analysis and presenting options to management; assisting in the resolution of support issues escalated by senior operations or development personnel; providing technical expertise across business functions; articulating relationship between business and the data and technology that support the business; identifying opportunities to improve business processes via new technologies; making recommendations and influencing long-term technology strategy and planning for multiple business units; attending technology seminars when relevant to current work or specialty area; assisting in development of RFPs and responses to new business opportunities; acting as subject matter expert to various project team; determining dependencies and prerequisites; creating CRFs for assigned tasks and ensuring CRFs are approved with project time-line; defining production readiness and transition acceptance criteria and ensuring criteria are completed before new system implementation; and planning and prioritizing workload to meet deadlines, while planning and tracking status on several projects at once and adjusting to constant business change.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* Minimum 8 years of experience in Information Technology
* Minimum 3 years in depth experience with Servers and Virtualization technologies (i.e. HP, Dell, IBM, VMWare, etc.)
* Minimum 3 years of experience with O365 Exchange Administration and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products
* Minimum 3 years experience working with application teams in diagnosing and improving performance for tiered application architectures
* Minimum 3 years experience designing, documenting and implementing application servers (i.e. clustering, high availability, load balancing, Web Logic)
* Minimum 3 years project management experience, preferred
* Experience working with Hosted Service Providers/Managed Service Providers, preferred
* Experience in cloud computing, preferred
* Experienced in networking fundamentals, preferred
* Experience with database technologies (Oracle/SQL), preferred
* Experience with diverse monitoring solutions configuration and implementation (i.e. Splunk, Solar Winds, HP Openview), preferred
* Experience with multi-platform administration (Windows/Unix/Linux/AS400), preferred
* Experience with SDLC, preferred
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.