At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Systems Multi-Skill Maintenance Craftsperson for the COB/Plant Engineering located in Hutchinson, MN . Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require working:
- Laying out, facilitating, planning, and documenting the installation, maintenance, repair, replacement, modification, troubleshooting, diagnosing, programming, optimization and design of existing and new manufacturing equipment
- Maintaining, troubleshooting/repairing electronic and mechanical equipment and components
- Installing/upgrading, and calibrating equipment.
- Maintaining/troubleshooting/repairing hydraulic/pneumatic/mechanical equipment and pumps
- Performing preventive maintenance
- Completing shop records and use reporting systems following established procedures
- Performing housekeeping tasks
- Using safe working methods and procedures at all times to avoid injury, injury to self and co-workers or damage to company property
- Reporting to and performing other tasks established by the Plant Engineering Supervisor.
- Demonstrating safe work behaviors
- Weekend work
- Holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Lifting up to 100lbs
- Possess or in the last 6 months of pursing a two year technical degree/diploma in a maintenance field related to mechatronics, fluid power, automation and robotics, or systems controls
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting/programming
- Strong multi-skill aptitude in a manufacturing environment
- Troubleshooting and problem solving ability in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), Analog and digital AC/DC drive systems, and/or Calibrations/metrology
- Experience working with mechanical systems: bearings, gearboxes, pumps, and pneumatic/hydraulic
- Experience working with the following electrical diagrams: PLC logic, process flow diagrams, instrument flow diagrams and/or P&ID drawings
- Experience working with electrical tools, test equipment and instruments used in industrial plant applications
: Hutchinson, MNRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Qualified applications will be considered when Chemical Processor openings occur at 3M Hutchinson Plant for up to six months of the posting of this requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.