At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking Systems Multi-Skill Maintenance Craftspersons for the 3M Distribution Center located in Fairmont, MN. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Laying out, facilitating, planning, and documenting the installation, maintenance, repair, replacement, modification, troubleshooting, diagnosing, programming, optimization and design of existing and new manufacturing equipment
- Maintaining, troubleshooting/repairing electronic and mechanical equipment and components
- Installing/upgrading, and calibrating equipment
- Maintaining/troubleshooting/repairing hydraulic/pneumatic/mechanical equipment and pumps
- Performing preventive maintenance
- Completing shop records and use reporting systems following established procedures
- Performing housekeeping tasks
- Using safe working methods and procedures at all times to avoid injury, injury to self and co-workers or damage to company property
- Reporting to and performing other tasks established by the Plant Engineering Supervisor
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Working rotating shifts
- Working extended hours
- Possess or in the last six (6) months of pursuing a two (2) year technical degree in a maintenance field
- Experience with PLC programming
- Production maintenance experience
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), Analog and digital AC/DC drive systems, Pneumatic/hydraulic systems and/or Calibrations/metrology
- Experience working with the following electrical diagrams: PLC logic, process flow diagrams, instrument flow diagrams and/or P&ID drawings
- Experience working with electrical tools, test equipment and instruments used in industrial plant applications
You are applying for a Systems Multi-Skill Maintenance Craftsperson position at 3M Fairmont. Qualified applications will be considered when Systems Multi-Skill Maintenance Craftsperson openings occur at 3M Fairmont for up to six months of the posting of this requisition. Location:
Fairmont, MN Relocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.