Systems Operator – 3rd Shift (1 of 2)
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. is searching for a Systems Operator for our Los Angeles, California location. Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands such as BAND-AID®, LISTERINE® and, JOHNSON'S® Baby, as well as leading skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.Position Description:
The Systems Operator is responsible for performing the cleaning and sanitization of manufacturing process equipment to facilitate GMP compliance, quality and schedule attainment. Work is of a technical nature where decisions are made within limits and guidelines of general practices and procedures but where some supervision is available to handle unusual situations.
The Systems Operator will be responsible for:
• Operate and troubleshoot CIP System and Girton Washer with technical guidance from Maintenance.
• Clean and Sanitize portable, storage and process equipment in accordance with J&J Consumer and other regulatory/compliance guidelines.
• Clean Stainless Steel bins, Soap Totes, and Pressure totes as they are delivered to Compounding.
• Adhere to status tagging procedures.
• Update WIP Tank and Compounding Status Boards throughout the shift.
• Passdown status of WIP tanks and Kettle to oncoming shift.
• Follow all cGMP, environmental and safety regulations and guidelines.
• Maintain all necessary records and documentation accurately in accordance with current company, regulatory and compliance guidelines.
• Responsible for communicating with production personnel regarding status of CIP cycles.
• Responsible for maintaining specific equipment records within designated logbook/CMMS, of repairs as well as parts and components consumed by the equipment.
• Assemble ancillary equipment as requested by Supervisor or designee.
• Assist with housekeeping the various departments and maintaining an orderly plant floor.
• Independently performs most assignments with minimal instructions as to the general results expected.
• Perform other duties and functions as dictated by the needs of the department and plant.
• Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval as needed prior to completing task.
• Practices company safety, quality policies and procedures, actively requires conformance.
• Responsible for following the established LOTO Procedures.
• Responsible for working with the established Environmental Procedures.Additional Job Duties:
• Function as a team player in all department processes relating to this position.
• Provide training and technical guidance to lower level personnel.
• Assist in working with filling equipment operators in monitoring all safety items on the machines and keeping these in optimal operating condition.
• Assist in performing adjustments and assisting the operators with problems with the different machines to improve quality and efficiency of the lines during change over.
• Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
• Personally and with others, search for ideas to improve efficiencies, quality, safety and the work environment.
• Works in a cross‐functional team whenever needed.
• Investigate and implement, after discussion with department management, ways to improve yourself, your role and function, the department and the organization.QualificationsEducation:
Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent required. Skills and Experiences:
• A minimum of 1 year of related experience and or training
• Forklift operator license is preferred.
• Basic Math skills required.
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing / production environment required.
• Proficient in the use of cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
• Use of hand tools and small power tools.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Comprehension of mechanical part functions and ability to cross-reference manuals.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Adherence to company policies, regulations and procedures. Adherence to policies, regulations and procedures of regulatory agencies. Good attendance is required. Flexible schedule is required to address the needs of the manufacturing operations and department. As a new hire into the department and or this position, must complete established department/equipment orientation, training and assessment. Primary Location
United States-California-Los AngelesOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.