The IBM Systems Unit is looking for a results oriented candidate interested in growing their skills in Cloud and in growing their skills in a Systems Programmer position on the zSystems Programming team. This position will be located in Poughkeepsie, New York.
In a mainframe IT organization, the systems programmer plays a central role. The system programmer installs, customizes, and maintains the operating system, and also installs or upgrades products that run on the system. Responsibilities include:
- Using the z/OS operating system to install, customize and maintain support of mainframe hardware, software and operational procedures used by development teams as well as installation and customization of program products.
- Planning hardware and software system upgrades and changes in configuration
- Automating operations
- Running installation jobs and scripts
- Performing installation-specific customization tasks
- System-wide performance tuning
- Install and maintain middleware products
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.