The Systems Project Mgt Consultant position is part of our Building Efficiency business. We are looking for a seasoned HVAC professional to work on major construction projects throughout primarily the Southeastern region of the US. Virtual position, heavy travel.
Under general direction provides project support services (Project Development and Delivery Support) in new project planning, scheduling, cost control and risk management for projects delivered to the business. Assists project development or site managers with project scope, development and initiation activities. Acts as internal project consultant. May be required to act as "Subject Matter Expert" during development. Performs Project Mobilizations for strategic projects. Exercising sound and appropriate judgement in the deployment and implementation of process strategies to affect the required contractual and operational objectives.
1. Works with the Project Development teams to identify project scope and objectives.
2. Assist in development of initial project summary and specific plans and schedules.
3. Assists in the development of scope definition and work breakdown structure.
4. Resource loads schedule, outlines performance-reporting baselines.
5. Trains Regional resources in the correct use of JCI process and tools.
6. Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
7. Assists the Region in the development of risk management plan and quantitative analysis.
8. Provides cost and estimate analysis.
9. Acts as facilitator for project risk identification.
10. Evaluates and reviews subcontract preparation, strategies and format.
11. Evaluate the performance of strategic projects and provide reports to Regional and Corporate Management Teams as necessary.
12. Assists project team with review of planning, scheduling or cost requirements as required during project implementation.
13. Provides on-site training to facilitate project control and plan maintenance by project team.
14. Reviews and analyzes proposals.
15. Provides project management process oversight when and where requested.
16. Provides internal mentoring and training in project management.
17. Provides input into the development and maintenance of Construction Management templates for project plans and schedules.
18. Assists in the development of Quality and Safety Plans.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Architecture is desired. Certification as a PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) is desired. High-level project management process competencies. Professional recognition within the industry is desired. 10 to 15 years of direct project management experience in Building Construction. Demonstrated excellence in managing projects. High-level competence in written and verbal communication. Ability to work in diverse teams. Able to travel 50 - 75 %. Proficient in software scheduling tools and applications. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio, MS Project and basic Windows environment. Strong presentation skills and proficiency in speaking to large audiences.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.