Systems Senior Engineer
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 02, 2017
Reference ID: 16000RWW
- Provide input on architectural requirements to software engineers during SDLC process to make sure HA and scalable environments are attainable as dictated by business SLA requirements
- Deploy application code to staging and production hardware environments using ITIL change control processes.
- Implement application and systems monitoring and from those, establish baselines and tuning them to reduce false alerts and identify opportunities for improving system performance.
- Participate in on-call rotation to respond to and assist with the troubleshooting of hardware and application incidents
- Track progress and resolution of incidents using SLM best practices.
- Assist application support teams with customer support cases that have been escalated, as required.
- Train and mentor junior production and systems engineers on topics related to application management, administration and maintenance.
- Work in conjunction with development teams to resolve bug cases and other application issues as required.
- Create project plans for initial application launches and report statuses/milestones completed to core technical and business teams as requested.
- Continually improve operations and supportability of all applications by improving upon application management via scripting automation tools and monitoring.
- Good Working knowledge on Windows Server Advanced Infrastructure
- Experience in monitoring performance and capacity of servers
- Advanced knowledge of SRM (e.g. Remedy) for incident, change, and asset management
- Work with application teams to ensure optimum configuration and performance of Windows environment
- Thorough and deep understanding of Web servers,SQL database, Storage & networking protocols, firewall, and load balancing concepts.
- Powershell and SQL scripting
- Good working knowledge on Certificates, SSH, Antivirus and other security related topics
- Knowledge of RHEL or OEL version 6.x or 7 will be an added advantage
- Perform scheduled maintenance both independently and in conjunction with key suppliers, including security patching
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers for the purposes of support, improvements and project delivery
- Advanced communication, negotiation and customer service abilities
- Effective communication skills within and outside team.
- Regularly document & update Technical process and Procedures involved in Project Infrastructure
- As a senior engineer, must be able to identify action items for the group, and take initiative to complete them or delegate to junior engineers
· 5-9 years Windows Server and hardware in a large corporate environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science/Engineering/computers or Equivalent
- Sound understanding of ITIL V3
- MCSA/MCSE/MCITP Enterprise Admin certification
- Microsoft & VMware Clustering Technologies
- IIS and extensions on Windows, SSL Certificates
- Storage (Compellent, EqualLogic, EMC) and associated protocols (NFS, CIFS, SMB) knowledge
- PowerShell & SQL Scripting
- F5 Big-IP load balancing administration
- Monitoring Tools – Foglight,Zabbix,SCOM
- SDLC and/or other best practices related to software release
- Basic Linux OS internals, Apache & SSH understanding
- 5-9 years of professional experience (5 years directly related to IT or functional area) or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Rotational On-Call Support is also a requirement to Support Project Activity
**Job:** **Engineering - Systems Engineer*
**Title:** *Systems Senior Engineer*
**Location:** *MN-Eden Prairie*
**Requisition ID:** *16000RWW*