PayPal is seeking interns to work with us for 12 weeks during the summer of 2018. We are looking for stellar interns who will graduate between December 2018 and June 2019. We will be taking applications until April 1, 2017.
At PayPal, we're literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it's about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today's technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The world's leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness.
The Site Engineering Center (also known as SE Center or SEC) for PayPal is located at the San Jose office with teams at some of our other office locations as well. The SEC operates 24×7. The team is primarily responsible for the availability and reliability of the PayPal website. The organization is primarily focused on preventing and repairing site incidents.
Build, Deploy and Monitor Windows and Unix / Linux Virtual machines for performance issues and stability concerns
Configuring and deploying Load balancers for high volume traffic- Managing configuration and deployment of virtualization solutions
Regular application installations, configurations, and day-to-day administration
Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise- Staying familiar with new versions of applications used on servers
Liaise with vendors and professional services
Develop tools to help streamline day to day operations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Server administration
- Experience in Linux Red Hat/Ubuntu server administration
- Experience in load balancer configuration and maintenance
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Experience with documenting procedures and knowledge management
- Familiarity with networking, load balancing, virtualization
- Knowledge and understanding of network applications, web servers, firewalls, databases
- Systems management experience in troubleshooting IO, disk space and system resource issues
- Knowledge of Perl, Python, PHP, XML, and MySQL and other scripting languages is a must
Position Location: San Jose
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.