At Dell Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI), our mission is to develop server and storage products and solutions, uniquely tailored to the hyper scale and XaaS cloud computing markets that address the dynamic needs of internet data centers for search, web services, hosting, data analytics, video streaming, utility computing, map reduce, virtualization, image processing, online gaming, and HPCC. ESI hires some of the brightest and most talented engineers and architects in the industry and we are seeking candidates who will bring thought leadership and a strong desire to succeed in the delivery of innovative solutions and operational excellence to our end customers.
As a Systems Senior Principle Engineer, Advanced Engineering, you will be responsible for all aspects of planning and execution of preliminary proof-of-concept activities for targeted customer solutions and providing consultation and oversight to the end to end validation process needed to harden the solution for customer production environments and ensure supportability throughout the solution lifecycle. You will partner with multiple cross-functional engineering, marketing, sales and program management functions to ensure alignment with the broader Dell EMC technology strategy and solutions leverage. You are also responsible for conducting primary research and analysis to develop highly differentiated solutions in support of the ESI semi-custom business and make specific technology recommendations to help guide and influence our market and customer strategy.
* Responsible for applied analysis and research for the development of end customer solution strategies and architectures, directly supporting ESI’s semi-custom business.
* Lead all aspects of systems performance, reliability and usability for developed end customer solutions.
* Contribute to creation and presentation of architecture and solution documentation.
* Manage all related engagements with Dell planning teams (Architecture, Marketing, CTO, and Advanced Engineering).
* Demonstrated ability to drive initiatives across multiple functions in a large organization.
* Perform competitive analysis for features at a solution level.
* Drives idea generation for new products or for the next version of an existing product.
* Protect Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (ex: procurement, patents, and open source).
* Works with program management teams to develop, maintain, and communicate advanced engineering project schedules, timelines and status.
* Able to develop solution architectures from business and end customer requirements.
* Understand and critically evaluate technology solution offerings from internal and external sources.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and qualifications:
* Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
* Proven ability to collaborative with peers, leaders, and internal and external customers.
* Extensive relationship experience with technology suppliers.
* Experience in system architecture including low level software and OS performance.
* Proficiency with industry standard server and storage benchmarking and stress tools.
* Familiarity with Intel server system and storage subsystem architectures.
* Excellent technical problem solving skills / debug capabilities.
* Experience with HW and protocol analyzers and similar tools needed to debug complex system issues.
* Strong track record in providing authoritative advice to management, marketing, sales and customers based on deep subject matter expertise balanced with strong business acumen.
* Thorough ability to identify potential product weakness and be able to provide design guidance and recommendations for improvements to subsequent redesigns.
* Work effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented and rapidly changing business environment.
* Open for occasional travel and working remotely with Dell and partner resources at a global level.
* Working insight and skill to effectively manage cultural differences.
* 10 years of experience in server, storage system/solution development.
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
**Job:** **Engineering - Systems Engineer*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Systems Sr. Principle Engineer, Advanced Engineering, Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI)*
**Requisition ID:** *160010HG*