A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
The company offers Suddenlink-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services to residential and business customers across the western, midwestern and southern states. Additionally, for its business customers, Suddenlink provides targeted television and online advertising services.
Suddenlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Under general supervision, assures Suddenlink Communications networks will support the level of service and feature sets expected by our telephony and/or video and/or data customers.
Must assure the technology used supports the Suddenlink business plan and positions the network for future growth in capacity, features, and capability.
• Conducts evaluation, selection, engineering and network design of data and telecommunications equipment including fiber optic cables and terminal, multiplexers, local area networks, routers, switches, CMTS systems, cable modems, and related peripherals.
• Analyze all practical solutions to Suddenlink network technical and network-related business problems.
• Coordinate with planning personnel responsible for other serves to assure optimum utilization of shared network resources.
• Provides input regarding the evaluation, selection and procurement of fiber optic transmission and other network equipment.
• Provides on-going technical support and training for Suddenlink employees on telecommunications equipment.
• Provides guidance in resolving technical problems, implementation and follow through of preventative maintenance program.
• Assist in the establishment of and adherence to network performance measurement and goals.
• May provide project supervision of contractor installation of equipment.
• Requires a BSEE, BS Mathematics, or equivalent degree preferred with 3 to 5 years experience in relevant technical skills or the equivalent in education and experience.
• Must have current knowledge of statistical analysis and mathematical trending.
• Requires good hands-on technical knowledge of voice, video and data operations, products, and services.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be proficient in use of standard computer hardware and software systems such as spreadsheets, word-processing, database, and CAD programs.
• Must have HFC plant experience as it relates to DOCSIS standards and CMTS (cable modem terminal server) equipment.
• Should have a CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MCSE, SCSA, or SCNA certification or adequate work experience to show competency.
• Must have intermediate to expert level understanding of one or more of the following protocols, architectures, operating systems, programming languages and tools:
o TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Ethernet, PPP, Windows 9x, 2000, Unix, Linux, Network Protocol Analyzers, Netcool, Visionary, Traceroute, Ping, SNMP, Perl, Shell scripts.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to effectively communicate and receive detailed or important information and instruction.
• Ability to occasionally exert up to 20 lbs. of force in order to move objects.
• Strong familiarity with telephony, data, and video products and services.
• Ability to tolerate occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
• Ability to use reasoning to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.