Systems Support Specialist - DevOps
Are you a technically savvy, analytically minded person inspired by the ability to resolve issues? Are you ready to learn how to support and manage cloud based applications in an enterprise environment and take your career to the next level? As a System Support Specialist at Capital One you will be able to make an impact with one of the most dynamic and digitally focused organizations in the Financial Services industry.
The Capital One Support Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting incidents related to deployment, enhancement, and development of production applications and infrastructures that drives the core business and functions of Capital One. This includes interaction and collaboration with development teams, as well as server, database, network, and storage support teams that are key to the growing needs of Capital One and its customers.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting applications and jobs related to data movement, and batch file transfer services. This position will function as the Tier 2 and 3 platform SME, and perform troubleshooting and incident resolution activities focused on key stability and resiliency objectives and SLA’s critical to core business processes. This role will ensure that established customer service and system availability targets are met. This position will require fundamental understanding of enterprise technology platforms and tools and the ability to adapt to new technologies developed both internally and in partnership with cross functional teams. Successful incumbent will also be responsible for interfacing with developers of various systems and applications. Responsible for the identification and implementation of process improvements that reduce costs and maximize efficiency, resiliency, and availability. Will analyze, design, implement, validate and document application solutions to help provide outstanding service to the businesses supported. This may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware technologies and tools. Ideal candidates will have experience with open source and cloud based application environments (particularly AWS) and has demonstrated technical proficiency with scripting, coding, and programming.
- Provide daily administration of core banking applications and environments
- Monitor and maintain applications per defined availability guidelines
- Support and maintain configuration management for various applications
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions, and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solution
- Identify and resolve a broad range of problems that occur in production applications .- Serve as part of the Infrastructure Services Team in developing and implementing next generation banking systems architecture
- Support the backup and recovery strategy for various applications
- Create and maintain policies and procedures relevant for team and other IT areas
- Develop system administration standards and procedures to maintain consistent practices
- Provide direction and guidance to other systems analysts and IT team members
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 3 years of IT experience including cloud computing
- At least 1 year of experience in ITIL processes
- At least 1 year of experience in Systems Administration and Networking
- At least 1 year in a technical support role or at least 1 year of software support
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of experience in application support, development, and deployment, preferably leveraging AWS, Azure, and eAPI services and architecture
- 3 year of experience in ITIL processes, including change and configuration management
- 3 years of experience working in an Agile or DevOps based software delivery team environment
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of enterprise compute and network environments, support processes and policies.
- Experience with regulatory and enterprise compliance practices and requirements
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.