SYSTEMS TEAM LEADER
Under general direction, manages a Branch Systems operation team consisting of Systems Technicians and Systems Designers. Assigns projects to Lead Systems Specialists and allocates appropriate resources (i.e. Systems Technicians and System Designers) to those projects. Provides site coordination support (job chargeable) on projects with high contract complexity to the Lead Systems Specialist as needed. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards.
1. Hires, retains, performance manages, and plans for career development of direct reports. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports.
2. Trains and mentors System Technicians and System Designers. Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
3. Coordinates and allocates resources between the assigned Lead Systems Specialists to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of projects.
4. Recruits Systems Designers and Systems Technicians with appropriate skills and competencies to meet the needs of the Branch.
5. Reviews and interprets contract terms and conditions and assists Lead Systems Specialists with site coordination tasks with projects of higher complexity including such tasks as representing Johnson Controls at site coordination meetings, coordinating subcontractors, project administration and conflict resolution (i.e. job chargeable activities). Assists the LSS in evaluating the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes.
6. Assists the Systems Operations Team in identifying opportunities and actively pursuing additional work through change orders.
7. Assists the Lead Systems Specialist in developing Schedule of Values on projects of higher complexity that requires detailed billing.
8. Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors in the community.
Minimum of a technical Associates Degree with six years of field experience or eight years of equivalent related field and site coordination experience in the
HVAC industry. Must have relevant technical hands on experience in systems design and commissioning of digital HVAC controls systems. Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience. Previous supervisory experience required. Demonstrates solid coaching and interpersonal skills. Must have knowledge of control theory and HVAC systems. Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting required.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.