At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
The person hired for the position of System Technician will safely install, maintain, repair, move, replace, modify, upgrade, troubleshoot, diagnose, adjust, calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on industrial and commercial equipment and devices used in production, laboratory, office and utility areas. Provide support as needed to Production, Division Engineering, PI&CS Engineering in the layout, facilitating, planning, and documenting the installation, maintenance, repair, replacement, modification, troubleshooting, diagnosing, programming, optimization and design of existing and new manufacturing equipment and all the associated control of that equipment. Provide Production, Division Engineering, PI&CS Engineering and Plant Engineering advanced systems expertise with the ability to program, install and optimize new equipment and controls. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Program/troubleshoot using programming devices
- Interpret PLC diagnostics
- Troubleshoot/diagnose/repair electrical and electronic equipment and components
- Troubleshoot/repair mechanical equipment and components
- Troubleshoot/repair pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Perform basic machining
- Troubleshoot/repair web handling systems
- Maintain pumps
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks
- Install/upgrade equipment:
- Perform preliminary equipment inspections, run conduit and terminate wiring, install pneumatic lines, perform Point-to-Point wiring verifications
- Calibrate equipment:
- Calibrate weight systems, transmitters, transducers, indicators and readouts
- Calibrate and tune control loops
- Scaling of process variables
- Draft new calibration procedures
This position will require:
- Perform miscellaneous tasks:
- Operate a personal computer
- Create/modify a spreadsheet, database for historical trending, and word processed database
- Maintain/troubleshoot power and distribution systems
- Complete shop records and use reporting system following established procedures as required for effective performance of the job or operation of the department
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Perform housekeeping tasks
- Assist in check out, debug and start-up of new equipment as needed
This position may require:
- Working overtime
- Working on holidays as needed
- Working on-call and short notice shift coverage as needed
- Moderate exposure to variety of working conditions including fumes, dust, chemicals, noise, paint, and grease
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Weekend work
- Generating or handling hazardous waste
- Wearing protective PPE including: glasses, respirators, gloves, safety shoes, and hearing protection as needed
- Possess a one (1) year technical diploma/degree or higher in a Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics or Maintenance discipline from an accredited institution
- Possess a two (2) year technical degree
- Current knowledge of industrial safety practices
- Ability to work alone and use safe working methods and procedures at all times to avoid injury, injury to co-workers or damage to company property
- Ability to travel when required
- Strong verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Documented education, training, and industrial work experience
- Demonstrate skill level in working with original equipment manufacturer's prints, drawings, charts, documentation, manuals, procedures, calibrations, work layout, work coordination, and advanced software
- Proven control system expertise - open and closed, full understanding of control loops
- Proven programming expertise - configure, edit, change, add, develop, de-bug, and modify application software
- Ability to work with peers in a fully supportive, partnering and team relationship to contribute to overall goals of the work unit, department, plant and company
: Clinton, TNRelocation:
Is not authorizedTravel:
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.