Systems Validation Engineer - Power Solutions Engineering
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Systems Engineer is a technical liaison for ensuring that all components of a system work together to meet specific application needs. This role as part of the overall Systems Engineer team will focus on clearly defined activities from discovery to validation. We need to ensure connected devices along with Edge Control software work cohesively to meet customer needs based on their segment. This role will have a specific focus on validation activities for Power SCADA Operation.
Activities will include, but not limited to, direct customer interaction and support, creation of reference design assets, application/technical discovery work, definition and validation of systems, field trial activities and strategic account design influence. Although this position is within the Software Engineering Group, it requires solid technical working knowledge of a wide array of EcoStruxure Power and third party hardware and software products. Knowledge and influence of other EcoStruxure offers and programs is a key ongoing activity.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks
· Works closely with Systems Architect/Product Owner on defining systems tasks for execution
· Mentor our channels and customers on the ideal reference designs for their needs
· Build systems setups for reference design validation
· Discovery activities which relate to technology investigations or tactical customer requests
· Lead technical discussions with Software and Hardware Engineering teams to influence design and milestones for systems execution
· Influence groups outside of EcoStruxure Power on the benefits of our EcoStruxure Power suite and what needs it can meet
· Create clear documentation and information through various mediums to simplify the overall design and deployment space
· Ability to showcase the overall application and systems value to key stakeholders
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent combined with 5 years of relevant engineering work experience
• *Equivalent experience may meet the above need
• Strong working knowledge of Power SCADA Operation, Power Monitoring Expert along with Schneider Electric Metering, Breakers and other connected offers
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft O365 Suite and TFS toolsets
• Knowledge of engineering principles and ability to clearly understand specifications
• Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast-paced technical driven environment
• Developed interpersonal skills with an ability to interact and influence internal and external customers of various technical abilities
• Ability to self-manage, multi-task and learn new skills quickly
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel to Schneider Electric and customer sites worldwide
Desired • Knowledge and/or experience of the StruxureWare Building Operation software and small and medium Building segment
• Knowledge and/or experience in the Critical Facility or Data Center space
• Strong Power Quality knowledge and certification
• EMA, EMP or Systems Engineering certification
• Knowledge and/or experience of third party products related to energy/power management
• Knowledge and/or training in International certifications
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.