Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday is currently seeking to hire Systems Verification Engineer. As a Systems Verification Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design and implement tools and frameworks to automate the testing of our core data center automation technologies. The automated tests you develop will run as part of our continuous development environment, providing continuous feedback to Development, Product, and QA. You will have the opportunity to build new testing tools and drive enhancements of our existing test frameworks. You will have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and improve the quality of the Workday product with your automated tests.
- Work closely with environments team to ensure effective coverage of DevOps use cases.
- Communicate effectively with internal stake holders in order to deliver high quality automation.
- Participate in design discussions in order to create effective test strategies
- Perform unit level verification of scripts used for deployment automation.
- Diagnose problems and report bugs and enhancements to Development.
- Five or more years of IT and Test experience.
- Familiarity with automation of operating system provisioning, configuration management, applications deployment and monitoring.
- Experience writing Ruby scripts to automate large scale operations using Chef or Puppet.
- Ability to work effectively with Development and Operations teams.
- Excellent hands-on technical skill and related experience.
- Working knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches.
- A college degree in Business or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
Preferred (not required) Qualifications:
- Deep expertise in designing, building, operating and troubleshooting Linux/Unix-based large scale Internet systems.
- Solid knowledge of data center operations including provisioning and maintaining of servers, networking, load balancing and other infrastructures.
- Experience with and understanding of OO programming and concepts (Java, C#).
- Large scale web operations in Software-as-a-Service or Consumer Web.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
A leading provider of enterprise cloud applications, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest organizations.