Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Tableau Data Visualization Expert Job Description
Seeking a detail-oriented Tableau Data Visualization Expert
to support analytic and reporting solutions for the Finance team using Tableau. You will be working closely with a variety of business partners to design, develop, and implement Tableau data models and Tableau dashboards enabling our customers to analyze data and make business decisions. You will be expected to have a depth of understanding of Tableaus capabilities to solve advanced development challenges.
The ideal candidate comes from a rapid development environment, publishing numerous dashboards, and managing multiple competing priorities and assignments. The candidate is expected to be current on modern BI technologies and have strong project management skills.
- Partner with Finance users to interpret their needs and identify User Stories.
- Invent creative and innovative ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones
- Design and implement proof of concept solutions and create advanced Tableau visualizations using action filters, user filters, advanced navigation techniques and Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions.
- Advanced Tableau development including Tableau data model creation, customize dimensions, advanced calculations, and interactive dashboards.
- Performance tuning of Tableau Server dashboards to minimize the data and rendering refresh cycles and optimize the end user experience
- Keeps abreast of current trends related to Tableau and other BI technologies
- Drive effective teamwork, communication and collaboration to achieve results
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, strategic direction, organizational structure and overall business goals
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelors Degree in a quantitative discipline with at 6+ years of work experience in quantitatively driven industries. (Financial Services preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years hands on experience developing Tableau dashboards using complex relational and multi-dimensional data sources like Teradata, Hadoop, and Hyperion Essbase.
- End-to-End Tableau Designer expertise from Tableau data model publication, interactive dashboard design/development to deployment/maintenance. Hands-on skills with use of action filters, user filters, advanced navigation techniques, Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions.
- Advanced Tableau development experience including Tableau data model creation, customize dimensions, advanced calculations, and interactive dashboards.
- Experience tuning the performance of Tableau Server dashboards to minimize the data and rendering refresh cycles and optimize the end user experience
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving business problems
- Story teller capable of delivering creative design and interactive data visualizations.
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts along with knowledge of SQL to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
- Demonstrate project management skills using agile methodology including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Tableau certification and SharePoint experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.