This position is responsible for leading and executing the full recruiting life cycle and partnering with business leaders about recruiting, sourcing, selection, hiring and the on-boarding of new talent to Airgas South Division. The talent acquisition manager will develop and implement strategies to streamline the recruitment process and increase recruiting efficiency, as well as actual execution of the sourcing or recruiting process. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following:
- Responsible for managing a staff of professional recruiters supporting 3 different regions
- Manage the recruitment process and life-cycle, including screening, initial assessments, interviews, and job offers
- Provide recruitment support and guidance to hiring managers and HR professionals with hiring and employment data around candidate pipeline availability, market compensation trends, sourcing, interview and selection tools, etc.
- Assist with both external and internal hiring efforts
- Develop & implement a sustainable recruitment strategy. This may include job posting optimization, recruiting marketing channel development, job board procurement, digital and non-digital employment marketing, comprehensive recruitment campaign planning, etc.
- Partner with business leaders to identify future talent needs through workforce planning
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to build a solid talent pipeline for current and future open roles within the organization
- Counsel candidates on corporate benefits, salary, and corporate environment.
- Maximize existing social media strategy and vendor relationships to maximize job boards, Internet sourcing, and other technical means to source candidates for open jobs.
- Develop and execute college recruiting and military recruiting programs
- Execute upon strategies and leveraging resources to build a diverse talent pipeline for current and future vacancies
- Participate in employment events, such as job/career fairs
- Use Taleo Enterprise Edition (TEE) applicant tracking system and other recruiting software to track and manage applicants through the recruitment & selection process
- Develop a third party recruitment strategy, build & leverage existing third party recruitment agency relationships, track utilization and measurement process effectiveness
- Develop a strategy to drive improvement of the candidate experience and manage candidate communities
- Improve recruiting efficiency by evaluating the recruiting process for bottle necks, waste, process responsiveness, etc. and frequently review with region leaders to drive transparency and process improvements
- Track and use key metrics to drive continuous improvements regarding candidate sourcing, recruitment decisions and the quality of hires
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
The successful candidate will possess:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Strong leadership skills to effectively lead and direct the work of others both locally and virtually
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both informally and formally,
- Collaborative and strong ability to connect and influence multiple leadership levels
- Highly developed interview skills, sharp discernment, and ability to execute good judgment
- Strong customer service-based approach to work and strong relationship building skills
- Excellent reasoning and problem solving skills: demonstrates ability to analyze data and draw sound, actionable insights
- Excellent time and project management skills: demonstrates an ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and to a high degree of excellence
- Adaptive and entrepreneurial approach: demonstrates flexibility, energy, and initiative in fast-paced, unpredictable, and matrix business environment
- Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or other related field
- 5-7 years of work experience in recruitment
- 3-5 years of managing a recruiting team
- Comprehensive knowledge of recruiting practices, processes and procedures including relevant Federal and State laws pertaining to recruitment and employment.
- Ability to understand and work with Affirmative Action Plans.
- Ability to travel up to 40%
: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to conduct business travel frequently.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.