Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
Unilever has been named in LinkedIn’s Top 3 most sought-after employers across all sectors.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/ Job Summary:
The primary purpose of this position is to enable Unilever to attract and acquire top candidates at undergraduate and graduate levels from key channels/schools/conferences in order to fuel the talent pipeline across all functions and meet the present and future workforce needs of the organization.
The Talent Acquisition (TA) Specialist drives the EB / University Relations (UR) strategy and provides account management, innovative recruitment solutions, project management and best practices to the business. The TA Specialist works with a variety of channels/target schools/conferences, BRGs/campus teams, HRBP’s and functional leaders to ensure we meet our organizational EB / UR talent demands, by attracting and selecting the very best talent from these channels.
The primary overall responsibility of the TA specialist is to ensure we are fully leveraging our resources to attract top talent. The accountability is for managing the overall plan and providing thought leadership on UL’s level of presence at each event to ensure we are maximizing our EB or recruiting efforts. This must be done in a strategic manner. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with Channel partners, Career services, Deans, Professors, Business Schools – independently and/or in partnership with the business.
- Conceptualize, plan, project -manage, confirm and execute all appropriate events/conferences/campus events via each BRG/campus team and book all events/logistics with each partner/conference/school. Ensure all jobs are posted.
- Participate in on-campus events, together with campus team members.
- Research events and evaluate past success to create detailed project plans each fall/spring as input for the teams’ strategies.
- Coordinate no thank you correspondence and extend detailed offers to candidates. Answer candidate questions from offer until hire date.
- Be personally accountable for effectively forecasting budgets and managing company funds, adhering to policy and driving disciplined spending. Ensuring all channel partners get paid in time.
- Coordinate Summer Intern Onboarding, Orientation, and Events for main campus (EC) in conjunction with intern committee, and ensure appropriate onboarding is taking place in remote sites (together as greater EB / UR team).
- Update regularly all metrics-related templates and analytics related to hiring for the channels. This is to ensure not just tracking and assessment, but also forward thinking. Assist with metrics/functional data requests from business/HRBP - as needed. Ensure information on SharePoint is accurate.
- Participate in university recruitment-related meetings or inquiries as needed by the business (ie: EB / UR process clarification, intern committees, metrics reviews with leadership, functional kick-offs or gatherings related to rewarding or training campus team members).
- Take the EB / UR lead role for Super Day. If a campus event needs to take precedence, work with broader EB / UR team to determine an alternate EB / UR lead.
- Request from HRBP the intern and full-time onboarding templates for assigned function and send to Accenture.
- Work with HRBP on specific functional needs related to university recruitment (ie: recruitment process clarification/changes/improvements, training, and communication).
- Support in demand planning, and work on achieving the allocations that are assigned to each channel.
- Bachelor degree required in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- One to two years’ experience minimum is required in Recruiting, University Relations, HR, Business or account management.
- Must be able to function effectively in a dynamic team environment and be an agent for change.
- Can manage through ambiguity and unstructured situations to meet a deliverable. Must possess the ability to work effectively on multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Must be able to plan well and follow a project management approach. Must be able to effectively manage senior leadership calendars and smooth communication with their assistants. The proven ability to meet deadlines, manage projects within budget and fulfill customer requirements is required.
- Must have strong presentation skills to various levels of audiences, including executives, peers, and students.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork facilitation skills are required, as well as attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Experience with or working knowledge of major college job posting systems such as NACE Link, Symplicity, and MonsterTrak is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in university recruitment processes and practice is preferred. Must possess the ability to balance strategic (big picture) thinking with tactical application (detail oriented and execution focused). Strong analytical skills, the ability to translate data to insight, and attention to detail is required.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.